Friends of Corlears Hook Park is a neighborhood group picking up steam over the past year. With spring finally arriving (?!), volunteers will help clean and beautify the park.
Teams will be dispatched throughout the park on various projects that may include:
- Cleaning and spreading new wood chips in the dog runs
- Weeding, raking, and bagging leaves throughout the park
- Bagging trash throughout the park
- Painting the security barriers at the park entrance
- Pruning and trimming existing plantings
All are welcome to come help for as much or as little time as they have available.
This is a family-friendly event and the following fun programming will be on site for all to enjoy:
- Representatives from CityScience will be on hand for kinetic learning activities, building of a human suspension bridge, and short histories of East River bridges.
- Girl Scout Senior Troop 3015 and Cadette Troop 3016 will be doing “Bubble Science” activities, providing a telescope to look across the river, have a “game station” and a “song spot” for the younger kids.
- NYC Parks Play Mobile will be on site providing face painting, balloon art, and various games and activities.
If you are interested in helping to organize, please email FriendsofCorlears@gmail.com. Otherwise, please come out to help on May 3rd.