A few of you have made rumblings in this direction for a couple of years, but this is finally the year it’s going to happen! There’s going to be a CHILI COOK-OFF on Sunday, October 19 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
There will be professional judges, plus a popular winner voted on by cooperators. We are advised that this event will be held rain or shine.
If you want to compete:
- Sign up on the form below, and use PayPal for a $20 registration fee (which helps pay for bowls, spoons, sterno, etc.)
- Cook any kind of chili you like and bring at least 1 gallon (16 cups) for the cook-off. You will not have to divulge any secrets, but you will need to indicate if any basic allergens were used ( milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean).
- You need to show up Sunday at 1:30 p.m. to set up your station.
- You may cook sides, but you will not be (consciously) judged on your sides.
If you want to eat chili:
- Just show up next Sunday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the courtyard between buildings 1 and 2 (on the south side of Grand Street).
- Bowls and spoons will be provided, as will some basic soft drinks.
Here’s the registration form: